Friday, October 28, 2011

On my way to becoming a Home Owner

So the buying a home process is exhausting. I don't see how people buy 4 or 5 houses in their lifetime, but kudos to those who have! The process started about 4 months ago on an adorable condo in Huntsville, that my boyfriend and his investor flipped. Turns out, after 4 months of trying to get this deal to go through, the HOA property was majorly in debt and just had some major dependencies  so all in all, it was a BLESSING IN DISGUISE that it fell thru.

I was bummed at first, but then realized that God has had me on this path that he has been paving, and he has put everything in place the way HE wants it to go, so I moved on and starting on the search again. I had to be out of my apartment October 9th, and in the weeks before, Derek had shown me a cute little house that he had completely flipped from an AWFUL train wreck. Not sure who the homeowner was, but I don't think he cared much about his house. Anyways, I trusted and had faith in my beau that he would have this house looking extraordinary so I waited until it got down to the wire to go back and see it and ALAS, it was so cute!!

Here is a before and after picture of the exterior view of the house that HOPEFULLY, at the end of November, will be able to call "my home". Derek and I have big plans for this little house and hopefully soon (hint hint) we will call it "OUR" first little home together until we are able to build our "dream home".

More pictures to come, but this is just a starter house to be able to save up some money to one day build a home we can stay in and raise our chitlins' in. Hope you like!

3 comments: