Monday, February 21, 2011

The struggle with 'unsurity'

For the past few days now, an issue has really being weighing heavy on my heart and on my mind. 'CHANGE'. As a lot of you know, I have really been struggling with having, making, and fulfilling goals in my life, and its something that I struggle with at a pretty high level, and am unable to figure out what the 'purpose' of my life is, if that makes sense. What am I good at? What have I done with my life? Who have I helped in theirs? What can I say I am proud of?........ Answers to these questions are empty. I know that I have always had the heart to want to help other people. Helping others brings happiness to me, even if it is just sharing an ear to listen. My biggest struggle in my life is full commitment, but not towards other people, but towards myself. Finishing school is my number 1 goal in my life, and it has been such a struggle for me to figure out what I WANT to do in my life. I have been pulled in many directions, and I feel like its never going to end and I am never going to fully figure out what I will be good at. I look back at my life and I have truly accomplished nothing. I cannot sit here and think of anything worth 'bragging' about in my life and it has really hit hard for me here lately. I don't have any hobbies that I can say I really love to do or anything that I am really good at. This comes from listening to my boyfriend share his goals with me, and when he shares stories of his life and his accomplishments and his goals. It makes me so happy to be with someone who loves what he does, has had a wonderful and successful life, but at the same time, it really makes me think about me and mine and I am just at a big rut in my life with being 26 years old and nothing to show for my life. FEAR has been my biggest enemy in setting goals and working towards them. I am all about positivity, but at the same time, it is just something I struggle with in a huge way. There are so many things I would have done differently, but I cannot dwell on the past, because that is exactly what it is, my past. It cannot be undone, it can only be changed in the future. In thinking about this, this morning, a verse that I just happened to read today was tied into this. "The unknown can overwhelm you, but God is omniscient, which means he knows all things, including the future. He can prepare you for the future in ways you can't prepare yourself, and he works all things for the good of his followers (Romans 8:28)

I will be praying very hard for God to help me find 'my way' in my life, and I BELIEVE that if I put my prayers into him, he will open the path that I am so unsure of, for me. Thanks for listening,

Brandi

1 comment:

  1. Anything worth having takes hard work and risk. You just have to go for it. It doesn't matter how smart you are the real thing that counts is diligence. It will get you anywhere. Also, not everyone loves their job. I work to support the things I love to do. Just concentrate on what YOU love... if it strikes your interest try it out! Live is an experiment!

    ReplyDelete